Thursday, December 10, 2009

Peoplefood for Dogs


One night, as I was up to my elbows in chicken grease, I had the idea that If I was cooking for my dogs, and I always had somebody in need of chicken and rice, so must many other people. Thinking about how much work it is to cook this, and then all that clean-up, I thought I might be on to something. What if I cooked and froze and then sold it to people?
The next day I found out about how to make everything legal and than started getting my licenses etc., and Peoplefood for Dogs was born.
Here is what I do:
The very friendly and helpful butcher at Vista Foods agreed to tag my order for bone-less, skin-less chickenthighs on to his own. This way I make sure the meat I use is meant for human consumption and not second grade. When I get the thighs home, I cook them. I drain the broth into seperate pots and put it in the freezer overnight. The meat is run through a grinder and stored in the fridge. Next morning all the fat that now is on top of the broth is thrown away. Then I cook either rice or oatmeal in the broth. Ready to make food!
I have a restaurant mixer and that is how I mix all the ingredients together. I refuse to sell you water, so there are only the ingredients - I do not add water for processing.
The mix is put in plastic cups, weighed and then frozen. Ready for you to buy and for your dog to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment