Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter


It is cold and getting colder. The little dogs don't want to go outside for any reason at all, even with their little coats on.
I am not the only person with this problem, I know most every small dog owner had to shovel paths in the snow so their dogs could do their business.
I am feeding my outside dogs almost twice as much as I normally do, the last time I heard anything about that, it was recommended to increase food by 20%. Well, I don't see my girls gaining any weight, so 20% must not take the cold into account. In the mornings I have taken to putting a little bacon grease on left-over bread and giving that to the girls. They think they are in heaven and I am assured that they have calories to burn.
At least the last week or so, it hasn't rained or snowed. I have a time trying to keep their bedding dry when the yard is a muddy mess. My poor wash machine is going non-stop, washing all their blankets.
A long time ago, an MD friend of the family advised us to hang up wet sheets and towels around the house to help keep humidity up and colds and sore noses and throats down. No problem there - blankies over every door!
Can't wait until it gets a little warmer, I know the little dogs can't either!
Stay warm and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment