Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Daisy, meeting new chamber members



I got up at 5 am this morning because I wanted to attend a chamber of commerce meeting. When I woke Polly up at 6:45, she asked me if I had a screw loose. "It is still dark outside, are you crazy?" I could barely make her move over on her perch - birds are not "live in the dark" creatures!
The meeting was very interesting and I met a few nice people. There is a new acupuncture place in the Briarwood Business Center. It's a husband and wife team named Harbour. Check them out at www.bluecraneacupuncture.com. They are very nice and animal friendly and are perfectly willing to discuss your pooches problem with you.
The dog in the picture is Daisy. She is a Chihuahua-Terrier and about 12 years old. Sometimes I swear she was born old. This is the dog who refused to go home because she liked my food better then her original owners....what guts in 14 lbs of dog!
Daisy is one of the most easy-going dogs I have ever met. She is willing to get along with anybody, so long as that anybody is not sniffing her tail or trying for her food. Her bark is her funniest feature. She sounds almost hoarse and doesn't sing like the other dogs, you know - bark, bark, bark. Hers is bark.....bark....bark. As if she has to think about it before saying it.
When Daisy licks my face it is with the very tip of her tongue, barely touching me. She likes to be snuggled but is not pushy (unlike the other Chi) and wouldn't dream of jumping in my lap. If I pick her up and put her there - that's a different story.
Daisy has attended several Humane Society events, has been to PetsMart and the PetCraze and always behaves like a little lady. I am glad to have her in my life.
Stay well and warm!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if an acupuncturist could cure my dog of all her social and anxiety issues. Ok, so maybe part of her issues stem from being MY dog, but that is a whole other issue.

    Jyl
    The Post-It Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call Dr. Schwab and find out. She is great and wouldn't tell you to come in if she didn't think she could help.

    ReplyDelete