Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dibbs's story


11 years ago - a long time ago, come to think of it. I was in the front yard with Collie Buddy and Shaggy-Dog. Suddenly I heard all this honking going on. Looked out on the road and there she was, a little puppy in the middle of the road. The drivers would honk their horns and she would turn one way and then another. "You twits, like the puppy would know what the horns mean?"was my thought. I ran out and the puppy came right to me. All sorts of drivers were smiling at me. The second vehicle was a sheriffs car. As I passed him, I motioned to him and told him to let animal control know, "this is not my puppy." I never heard from them, I guess I wasn't too believable. My dogs were very friendly and took the little stranger right in. Dibbs had "Dibbs" on everything. Most of all me. But the other dogs made the best of it and Shaggy-Dog proved to be a very patient foster mom. Dibbs would pester her and pester her, Shaggy would growl at her, but she never did anything.
The puppy was advertised etc, several people came to look at her, but nobody ever wanted her for themselves. So, of course, she stayed here - and a good thing it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment