Friday, January 9, 2009

My first Blog!!!!


Hi everybody,


I have been playing with this idea for a while and I'm going to try - nothing ventured, nothing gained!


It is a crisp, sunny day in Virginia, I have already done my out-side chores. The three girls in the front yard have been fed, petted and their blankets straightened. I do a round of pick-up-poop every morning. I think it gross if you don't dispose of the waste - with 11 dogs, I guess it would be - in just a little while.


You must understand, I own 11 dogs, 6 cats and 1 bird. Not so much by choice - yeah - I know - "crazy cat lady, hoarder" etc. - not really. I used to foster for the Humane Society and when an animals doesn't get adopted, I feel strongly that it still has value and deserves love and care. I will write about some of my sob stories here, at a later date. Anyway, having this many pets means being organized, cleaning and moving all the time. I don't want my house to smell bad, I don't want my yard to be a total wreck (OK, so it's nothing special, but at least it's clean). So, I clean, weed, cut - what ever it takes.


Right now I need to go and let poor Pip out of solitary confinement. Pip is an 11 year old cat with diabetes. I lock him up for a few hours in the morning and evening, so the other cats can eat regular cat food. His special food for diabetic cats is left out all the time, but they don't like it much. Also, after we first found out, I tried to feed only the special food . HA! Over half of the cats had (you guessed it) the poops like there was no tomorrow. What fun I had! So, we resort to making Pip a prisoner twice a day and giving real food to the others.


He is doing very well and doesn't run from me when he sees me coming with the syringe. I would never have guessed he would be so good, he can really get you with those extra sharp claws he has. But he doesn't, how lucky am I?


No comments:

Post a Comment