Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Monday morning, how was my weekend?


Hi, it is Tuesday now and I never got around to write something yesterday. Too busy trying to find a job. Right now, things are pretty bad all over and not even the big companies are hirering if they don't absolutely have to. I will survive and find a job sooner or later. Or the food will start taking off like it is supposed to.
Saturday morning I was caught in the backyard by my own dogs and could not go anywhere. The front yard girls had tried to make a break for it and Micky actually got out - not such a good thing - I live on a major road! I was outside the backdoor shaving Lissa. I heard Scooter nag and nag and then it was suddenly quiet and out of the corner of my eye I saw a big black dog disappear into the garage. Poor Lissa never knew what struck her, she was in the house so quick!
I ran back out and (thank God) Micky came right to me. But this meant I had to let the other two into the backyard as well. Now I was stuck there. It is fenced in, but the fencing is old and if one of them pushed against it too hard, it will break. Eventually I worked up the guts to go in to the house and get the phone. Called Kevin (isn't it always like that, stuff happens and you're alone on the property?), told him not to go to Lowe's first, come home! So he did and we worked on stringing the electric wire over top the fence and installing the box in the rain and cold. Both of us were freezing by the time (several hours later) we were done. At one point I had confined the house dogs inside the house and took the front yard dogs on the back porch, I just had to warm up. They like it in the house! So much excitement, so much sniffing and wagging and exploring. It was fun letting them explore. But I can't imagine how I can keep them there for good. Not if I have to work again. In a way I think it's mighty unfair, they are good dogs an should have had a chance to share somebodies life. But nobody ever wanted to adopt them, and they are used to being with each other. I had always thought I would like to take them into the house one at a time, but there was always another foster dog and then another and then another, it just never worked out. So we make do, we are good at that.
Sunday was "Bathe the Polly" day. I wished I could give her a bath and tape it at the same time, she is such a little actress. You have to vacuum when you want to bathe her. I take all the loose things out of her cage, put towels all around it and then use a spraybottle to make it rain. We whistle, sing and generally make a lot of noise and she stretches her wings and tries to hide her face under them and then hangs upside down from the cage and just has herself a good time. I have to do all the work - of course. She gets all new toys after I dry the cage and clean up the mess we made. Sometimes a new perch, but not very often. She is an old lady and likes her routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment