Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sleeping Arrangements

Junior, Sparky and Daisy sleep in the bed, under the covers, with me. Lissa jumps on or off as she pleases. Sheria sleeps with her Daddy in the other room. Dibbs has always slept beside me on the floor on the right side of the bed. Now that Molly has moved into the actual living space of the house, somehow, Dibbs has been pushed to the foot end of the bed. So I thought that wasn't fair, she has always had her little blanket (not really little) by the side of the bed and Molly done took it over. I found a nice, fluffy comforter and put it (in my way) at the foot end of the bed on the floor for her. All dogs tried it out through the day and everyone approved. When I got up this morning Dibbs was laying on it. After I was awake enough it was time to go outside. The little dogs all were racing to the door and yet, I kept hearing these strange scrabbling sounds. Upon investigation I found Dibbs UNDER the bed trying her darndest to get out - no way. In her sleep, laying on her side she had slid under there, but now, sitting up, she could not fit. Supermom to the rescue! Of course I can lift a queen sized bed 10 minutes after I woke up - who couldn't? So I lifted and a very relieved Dibbs came out of there as fast as her aging bones would let her. I have seen her on the comforter several times through the day, but she hasn't been kidnapped by the bed again!
I forgot to mention that 19 year old Joy sleeps in a baby-bed. She has always hated being in a crate, but the baby-bed is big enough and soft enough and she looks like she feels secure in it. She settles right down once put in there. It makes my life much easier because I don't have to worry about the other dogs running her over or growling at her. So I sleep better and so does she!

No comments:

Post a Comment